Let’s take a pause. You’ve been running on the content hamster wheel, hopefully executing on an informed and actionable content marketing strategy. But what’s it all for? Why are we doing it in the first place?
Let these 15 content marketing statistics remind you that, yes, you are on the right path.
For starters, in 2019, roughly 25.8% of internet users were blocking advertising on their connected devices. Ad targeting is going to get increasing more complex with new privacy regulations being introduced and the implementation of cookie-blocking technology being led by Apple and Firefox.
Advertising will continue to become increasingly more expensive and complex. And not to mention, consumers prefer content to advertising. In fact, 70 percent of people would rather get information about a company or learn something from an article or blog post rather than from a traditional advertisement. (Demand Metric)
70% of people would rather get information about a company or learn something from an article or blog post rather than from a traditional advertisement.
Click To Tweet
Throughout the funnel, good content is becoming increasingly important. Whether creating your own, aggregating content from experts or facilitating UGC, content can bring exponential value to your marketing efforts.
Let’s take a look at the impact of content throughout the marketing funnel with these 15 content marketing statistics:
1. Knowing your audience and understanding their preferences is essential. For instance, only 22% of millennials want to see email from a brand they support, while 57% of 45 – 54-year-olds do. (HubSpot)
2. Conversely, 52% of millennials want to see video from brands they support while only 25% of those 45-54 do. (HubSpot)
3. 71% of a B2B respondent pool stated they reviewed a blog while on their buying journey. (Demand Gen Report)
4. 32% of consumers check out a brand’s social media presence before checking out their website. (Animoto)
5. Podcasts were cited by 64% of B2B respondents as a valuable content format in the early stage of the buying journey — only falling short of infographics (76%) (Demand Gen Report)
6. People today have 2X more interactions with brands on mobile than anywhere else. (Think with Google)
7. Cisco projected that more than 80% of all Internet traffic will be video by 2021—which means brands definitely need a video content strategy. (Cisco)
8. 87% of consumers want more video from brands. (Hubspot)
9. Instagram is the fastest-growing platform for driving purchases with video. (Animoto)
10. When asked how they’d most like to learn about a new product, over two-thirds (68%) of consumer said a short video would be best, way ahead of text-based articles (15%),infographics (4%) presentations and pitches (4%) ebooks and manuals (3%). (Wyzowl)
11. 65% of B2B content consumers strongly agree they have higher preferences for credible content from industry influencers. (Demand Gen Report)
12. 73% of consumers have been impacted by a brand’s social media presence when making a purchase decision. (Animoto)
13. Per dollar, content marketing produces 3 times more leads. (Kapost/Oracle Eloqua)
14. Content marketing generates over three times as many leads as outbound marketing and costs 62% less. (Demand Metric)
Content marketing generates over three times as many leads as outbound marketing and costs 62% less.
Click To Tweet
15. On average, content marketing costs 41% less than paid search, (Kapost/Eloqua)
On average, content marketing costs 41% less than paid search
Click To Tweet
If this feels overwhelming and you still find yourself on the hamster wheel day after day, unclear of what to create and where to distribute it, you are not alone. In fact, only one out of three B2C marketers surveyed in CMI/Marketing Profs 2019 B2C Research Study had a documented content strategy.
Only one out of three B2C marketers surveyed in CMI/Marketing Profs 2019 #B2C Research Study had a documented content strategy.
Click To Tweet
To help you up-level your content marketing efforts, we created a 7-page content marketing guide. Fill out the form below to grab your copy of What Great Brands Do That Good Brands Don’t in Content Marketing now.
The post 15 Content Marketing Statistics that Prove the Value of Your Efforts appeared first on Convince and Convert: Social Media Consulting and Content Marketing Consulting.